Genetec Security Center 5.9
Genetec have released their latest update to Security Center 5.9. 5.9 includes:
- Upgraded protection against video tampering - video exported from Security Center Omnicast now uses the EdDSA digital signature scheme. This provides stronger protection against tampering & fraud. Video watermarking can also be enforced on all live feeds & footage exported from Security Center, with the username, hostname & camera name overlaid, all footage can be traced back to its origin. This creates a strong deterrent against unauthorised external video sharing.
- Efficient management of system upgrades - not all systems can be updated in lockstep with new releases. But staying up to date is a critical part of a strong cybersecurity strategy. The Long-Term Support (LTS) release track provides a new option for organisations that want to keep their system secure between long upgrade cycles. The LTS track offers new releases with limited scope. Each patch includes fixes for software defects & critical vulnerabilities. This ensures systems remain safe until they're ready to be upgraded to a newer version. Customers who want to take advantage of the latest capabilities & performance enhancements can select the existing Continuous Delivery track to remain on the primary release track for Security Center.
- Genetec Mobile now VMware Workspace ONE certified - deploying the Genetec Mobile app is even easier now that it can run on the VMware Workspace ONE platform for mobile device & app management
- Genetec Sipelia 2.9 - introduces the ability to group SIP devices into paging groups that can be called in a single click. Operators can send pre-recorded or live audio messages to all devices in a paging group, speeding up response & coordination. And because Sipelia works with integrated intercom systems & SIP devices, you can broadcast messages to a wide range of devices, including intercoms, door stations & VOIP phones.
- Access Control Firmware Management - keeping track of new firmware for edge devices is time-consuming. With 5.9, system reports let you know if your system is using the latest firmware available for your access control interfaces & controllers. New firmware containing security vulnerability fixes are also highlighted, helping to prioritise updates. The status of controllers & interfaces is also tracked in the access control health report.
- Investigate alarm events faster - Security Center 5.9 speeds up your reaction to potential risks & helps you keep on top of intrusion threats. Cameras are now mapped directly to individual intrusion inputs, instead of intrusion zones. When an alarm is triggered by an input, the associated camera is automatically displayed to operators, so they can assess the situation faster. And with the new intrusion overview pane, you can keep an eye on the status of your intrusion system from any task.
- Personalised dashboards with new alarm widgets - introduced in Security Center 5.8, dashboards track key indicators from across your system in a tailored layout. Since then, the selection of specialised widgets has been growing. Occupancy & flow widgets for KiwiVision People Counter and system health tracking were introduced in version 5.8.1. Version 5.9 includes two new widgets that display the count or list of active alarms & events. They can even be added to dashboards to provide more data at a glance.
Call us on 1300 556 334 or email email@example.com to learn more.
For customers in New Zealand please call 0800 345 677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Comments are closed.